Bulletin : 18 June 2021
1. Please note: As from 17 June 2021 Astra Zeneca Covid 19 Vaccine will only be offered to individuals 60 years and older. Patients who have already received their first vaccines and did not suffer any serious side effects are encouraged to complete their vaccination course with a second Astra Zeneca vaccine 12 weeks after the first. It is not advised to try to get the Pfizer vaccine for the second dose as there is no data on the safety of such a practice.
2. Clarkson FamilyPractice will Be closed on Friday 25th June 2021 as I will be away on family business and resume with normal hours on Monday 28th June 2021
3. We have had a new phone system installed . The phone may be subject to some teething problems. Please be patient.
Covid-19 vaccines are proving to be very effective in reducing hospitalisations and death:
Influenza is a deadly Epidemic every year . Around 400 000 people around the world and of all ages.
Please protect yourself with a 2021b vaccine
Covid vaccines and Clotting
1. Consensus statement on Clotting and Astra Zeneca Vaccine : https://www.health.gov.au/news/joint-statement-from-atagi-and-thanz-on-thrombosis-with-thrombocytopenia-syndrome-tts-and-the-use-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca
2. A study by Oxford University found the number of people who receive blood clots after getting vaccinated with a coronavirus vaccine are about the same for those who get Pfizer PFE, +0.86% and Moderna MRNA, -3.97% vaccines as they are for the AstraZeneca AZN, +0.74% vaccine that was produced with the university's help. According to the study, 4 in 1 million people experience cerebral venous thrombosis after getting the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, versus 5 in 1 million people for the AstraZeneca vaccine. The risk of getting CVT is much higher for those who get COVID-19 -- 39 in a million patients -- than it is for those who get vaccinated.
I am asking everyone to do the following to help expedite the vaccination process:
1. Read the information on the Covid 19 Page - the second tab above.
2. Book an appointment for the vaccine if you do not get a call from Estelle to invite you to do so.
Consent forms and eligibility questionnaires can be found on the Covid-19 Vaccine Tab above
Informed Consent for vaccination can be given verbally.
You may alternatively print a consent form off if you wish, fill it out as far as you can and bring them with on the day of vaccination to expedite the process.
2. Influenza vaccines .
Private and State Sponsored Influenza vaccinations are available.
The Private vaccines are for patients 13 years old ( year 7) to 64 years old who do not qualify for a free vaccine. Primary school children to year 6 have been included in the Medicare-funded influenza vaccine group.
State Funded Flu Vaccine - are available for all who qualify .
Individuals who qualify for free influenza vaccines :
The following individuals in WA are eligible to receive government funded vaccine:
persons 65 years or older
children 6 months to less than 5 years
primary school-aged children (from 5 years to students in year 6)
pregnant women (any trimester)
Aboriginal people 6 months and older
individuals 6 months and older with medical conditions that place them at risk for complications of influenza, including:
chronic respiratory conditions
chronic neurological conditions
diabetes and other metabolic disorders
haematological disorders ( disorders of blood cells and platelets)
children aged 6 months to 10 years receiving long-term aspirin therapy.
These Websites gives you up to date information on the virus and vaccination:
Ethical dilemma voiced by many Christians over the cell lines used in vaccine production. I think this article gives a responsible and balanced view :
Please Look at The New Notice Board on the 3rd tab above.
It has more extensive information on the possible roll of Bovine Colostrum supplementation in helping to prevent contracting Covid-19 by increasing Secretory-IgA antibodies.
Dr Ernst Eiselen
The Practice has introduced a number of Special Interest Services , which may be found by clicking on the "Services" link above. A number of these are not generally available elsewhere. All of these treatments are done by conventional , approved methods. Any questions about these may be directed to Dr Eiselen.