Bulletin : 14 April 2021
1. Clarkson Family Practice is offering Covid 19 vaccinations to patients over 70 and selected patients with increased vulnerability due to serious underlying illness.
We will receive 50+ doses per week . The Vaccine is free and the visit is bulk-billed. Please keep an eye on the press as to when you will be eligible for a vaccination . Currently no one under 50 years of age will be offered the Astra-Zeneca vaccine until the controversy about the clotting problem has been resolved . Pleqase see the statistics for the risks on the Covid 19 page in a PDF file there.
I am asking everyone to do the following to help expedite the vaccination process:
1. Read the information on the Covid 19 Page - the second tab above.
2. Book an appointment for the vaccine if you do not get a call from Estelle to invite you to do so.
Consent forms and eligibility questionnaires can be found on the Covid-19 Vaccine Tab above
Informed Consent for vaccination can be given verbally.
You may alternatively print a consent form off if you wish, fill it out as far as you can and bring them with on the day of vaccination to expedite the process.
2. Private Influenza vaccinations will become available from 21 March 2021 - these are for patients 13 years old ( year 7) to 64 years old who do not qualify for a free vaccine. Primary school children to year 6 have been included in the Medicare-funded influenza vaccine group.
3. State Funded Flu Vaccine - commencement date not yet known . Please keep an eye on this page.
Individuals who qualify for free influenza vaccines :
The following individuals in WA are eligible to receive government funded vaccine:
persons 65 years or older
children 6 months to less than 5 years
primary school-aged children (from 5 years to students in year 6)
pregnant women (any trimester)
Aboriginal people 6 months and older
individuals 6 months and older with medical conditions that place them at risk for complications of influenza, including:
chronic respiratory conditions
chronic neurological conditions
diabetes and other metabolic disorders
haematological disorders ( disorders of blood cells and platelets)
children aged 6 months to 10 years receiving long-term aspirin therapy.
Questions about Covid-19 vaccinations and safety - Please look at the following especially the last two Youtube videos:
These Websites gives you up to date information on the virus and vaccination:
Who will get the vaccines first ? :
Ethical dilemma voiced by many Christians over the cell lines used in vaccine production. I think this article gives a responsible and balanced view :
Please Look at The New Notice Board on the 3rd tab above.
It has more extensive information on the possible roll of Bovine Colostrum supplementation in helping to prevent contracting Covid-19 by increasing Secretory-IgA antibodies.
Dr Ernst Eiselen
The Practice has introduced a number of Special Interest Services , which may be found by clicking on the "Services" link above. A number of these are not generally available elsewhere. All of these treatments are done by conventional , approved methods. Any questions about these may be directed to Dr Eiselen.